5170 Peek-A-Boo Vision Test Set
Designed by a pediatric vision specialist for preschoolers and children not yet able to read. Kid-friendly line drawings make testing fun for the patient, while the test administrator obtains an accurate assessment of visual acuity, amblyopia (lazy eye) and suppression (eye dominance).
- Does not require a trained visual specialist. Administration is easy and quick – the entire test battery can be done in under 4 minutes.
- Stereoscopic slides offer differing views to each eye – providing suppression controls and supplying vision data otherwise impossible to obtain by non-clinical screening techniques
- Provides acuity equivalents of 20/100, 20/70 and 20/40
- Includes 8 target slides, a recognition chart, instruction manual and a pointer
- For use with Telebinocular
- DOWNLOAD MANUAL
How it works:
The child sits or stands in front of the Telebinocular vision screening instrument to view the series of stereoscopic vision test target slides. The ex aminer explains each vision screening target and the child reports what he/she sees. His/her responses are checked on the record chart.
Far point vision tests are presented first. The target holder is then moved to the near point position for the balance of the test program. In some cases, as with suppression, an occluding device may be used.
The fusion tests are particularly significant in screening for suppression and potential amblyopia. The acuity tests check the eyes individually while both are open and seeing, and the child is unaware of which eye is being tested.
Test 4 is optional, since it screens stereopsis (depth awareness) and color vision, skills which may not be fully developed in the very young child
|Visual Acuity, Far – Test 1|
|Lateral Coordination, Far – Test 2|
|Fusion, Far – Test 3|
|Stereopsis/Color, Far- Test 4|
|Vertical Coordination – Test 5, 6|
|Fusion, Near – Test 7|
|Lateral Coordination, Near – Test 8|
|Visual Acuity, Near – Test 9|